On the South Coast, near the town of Koloa, the 1010 acre private club Kukuiula, which opened its Tom Weiskopf golf course in 2010, and several homes the following year is also expanding and just opened The Lodge at Kukuiula, allowing nonmember overnight guests for the first time. Aside from the golf course, one of the acknowledged best in Hawaii, there are a number of reasons to stay on this beautiful property, formerly a sugar plantation, instead of a hotel. The two and three bedroom 2600 square foot Club Cottages, where I stayed, are furnished in appealing, rustic Old Hawaii style and have state of the art kitchens, lush backyards and guest houses, the four bedroom Villas have straight on ocean views and plunge pools, the one to three bedroom Club Bungalows, due to be completed later this year, have contemporary décor, high ceilings and sleek dark wood cabinets and floors.
- San Francisco Chronicle – Serene luxury oasis in Costa Rica set to open in 2025
- Forbes – Changing The World One Girl At A Time In The Dominican Republic
- Maxim – Live in Tropical Luxury at Costa Rica’s First Waldorf Astoria Residences
- Robb Report – The First Waldorf Astoria Residences in Costa Rica Will Open Next Year. Here’s a Look Inside.
- Billionaire Steve Case On Bringing A Waldorf Astoria Hotel To Costa Rica